Official English Title, AKA
- El Talisman
- El Talismán
- The Talisman
Country of Origin
Number of Episodes
- El Talismán offers viewers an unforgettable story filled with passion, romance, and intrigue. Set in the breathtaking countryside surrounding Fresno, California, in an impressive farm called “El Talismán” is the centerpiece of this enthralling telenovela featuring superstar Blanca Soto (“Eva Luna”) and internationally famous heartthrob Rafael Novoa (A Corazón Abierto), along with a world-class cast. Blanca Soto plays Camila, a young woman whose life takes a drastic turn when she moves to “El Talisman” and meets Pedro Ibarra (Rafael Novoa). Camila’s father, Esteban Nájera (Roberto Vander), is a gambler who loses his Texas ranch in a card game. However, some time later he wins the money back and, to start anew, decides to move his family to California, where he buys “El Talisman.” Its previous owner, terminally ill, sells the farm to Esteban in order to provide for his daughter, Mariana (Karyme Lozano). But right before his death, he realizes that the sale was a big mistake and begs Pedro Ibarra, his foreman and protégé, to marry Mariana and recover “El Talisman” at any cost.
- Camila’s arrival at her new home marks the beginning of a passionate love story with many twists and turns. From the moment they meet, she and Pedro realize they are meant for each other. But there will be many enemies to overcome, beginning with Gregorio Negrete (Sergio Negrete), the owner of the neighboring farm, who will stop at nothing to take over “El Talisman,” and his scheming children, Lucrecia (Lola Ponce) and Antonio (Aarón Díaz), who falls for Camila and conspires to keep them apart. In addition, Pedro’s marriage to the emotionally unstable Mariana is also a huge obstacle for the couple.
- When Gregorio entices Camila’s father to a high-stakes poker game and wins “El Talisman” by cheating, Pedro intervenes and plays his own hand, winning the farm himself. Camila is devastated, believing that the man she loves has left her family homeless, and she moves away.
- Years later, her work as an agricultural engineer takes her back to the area, where she is reunited with Pedro and realizes she is still in love with him. Now Camila must face new challenges and adversaries while discovering that the past holds many secrets... and that Pedro is not the villain she thought him to be. But could it be too late?
- A passionate love story unfolds: Years after losing her family’s ranch, "El Talismán", Camila, now an agricultural engineer, returns to the area to work at the neighboring farm and reencounters the love of her life: Pedro, the man who took everything from her father. While desperately fighting her feelings, Camila begins to discover that the past holds many secrets... and that Pedro is not who she believes him to be.
- Produced in HD in Fresno, California.
- Introduced to the international market at NATPE 2012.
Blanca Soto and Rafael Novoa